31 Ağustos 2010 Salı

Post-reading reflection

The Great Gatsby was a very deep novel which affected me greatly. The plot of the story started out slowly with mysteries and then speeded up suddenly. I found the language Fitzgerald uses very complex and at some points, difficult to understand. Though once I got used to it I was able to appreciate the beauty of his words.

I can't say that I really liked reading The Great Gatsby because of its melancholic tone. I thought the story was very depressing, especially after chapter 6. Though I can't say I hated the novel either because it was beautifully written with great themes and symbols in every chapter of the book. Over-all, I am glad to have read such an important and successful novel which portrays beautifully the 1920s America within a very complex love story.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder