31 Ağustos 2010 Salı

Daisy - Chapter 5

You never know what life can bring because it is full of surprises. Every day is another mystery, full of unexpected incidents. Today when I was going to Nick's house for tea I never would have guessed that I would see him after so many years. It was raining when I came to Nick's house and then suddenly I saw him. Gatsby, after so many years, still as handsome and still a gentleman. At first I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. He was also nervous; he knocked over a clock. But afterwards both of us became more calm. We remembered the old days when everything was so simple. We started talking as if none of those years had passed and as if I didn't marry Tom. I remembered the letter he wrote to me, the day of my wedding and all of those painful memories. I was strong at first but after one point I couldn't stand it; the shirts were the last I could handle. I digged up deep and cried for everything. It was a sad cry but also a happy cry. I was relieved to let go of what I had been holding for years. I was relieved to see him, to smell him again, to touch him again... I was happy to live my dream.  

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder