31 Ağustos 2010 Salı

Daisy- Chapter 9

I was devastated when I heard about Gatsby's death but I tried my best to hide it. If Tom knew how I felt, he probably would have slapped me. Because of that reason I choose to supress my feelings. We decided together it would be best to move far away. It's easier to forget things that you don't see so often, I figured in the past few years. Tom and I remained silent about the issue. When I heard the news about Gatsby I didn't even have to mention his name. Tom understood and gave an indifferent response.

Time is what dominates our life the most. With time I was able to forget my love and concentrate more on my responsibilities. My daughter grew; now she can listen to me and talk to me. Tom is the same but I'm used to him. I don't know if he has another girl but I don't care either. In the end, I'm the one he truly cares about. Sometimes you just need to let go of your past, and hold on to your future.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder